Sunday, August 19, 2012

When Older People Say Stupid Shit


When Older People Say Stupid Shit





So today I am chatting with some woman, she is older and a bit “old school” if I was to categorize her.  I have known her for a little bit now, she is not a prude, and typically very nonjudgmental in many ways. So after today and what she said I still very much don’t hold anything against her by any means. However she flapped her chops and I think should remember A) she is talking to a gay guy and B) this is 2012 wake up! Times have changed and I don’t see our society going back to how it was 40 years ago.



I am chatting with this woman about a young teen who at quite an early age came out to her family and friends about being a lesbian. I have known this girl for a few years now, a very outgoing young lady.  Not a butch nor a lipstick lesbian type she is I’m just a girl, who has both her very girly and tom boy moments. She loves her highlights and manicures while playing baseball with the boys. You really can’t stereotype this one; she rolls to her own beat for sure.



The woman and I were chatting over coffee at Starbucks and she mentioned I can’t believe the girl came out so young. This girl realized her sexual identity at 13, young but old enough she clearly knew she was not into guys.

Unlike me Baywatch always did a little too much, I loved David Chokachi.

PS-David if you ever read this, call me. No seriously you’re super sexy.

 The woman states “I mean wouldn’t you keep it in the closet till you have to deal with it a bit more”?



I’m thinking in my mind well the girl came to conclusion about her sexuality around 13 almost 14 isn’t that when kids start having their first boyfriend or girlfriend?

I ask the woman “At 14 weren’t you interested in guys”? She responds “well I thought boys were cute but my parents didn’t let me date really.”

Informing her I think the girl was awesome for knowing herself and having the guts to deal with that at such a young age. Get it out the way and have the rest of your life as a big ol lesbian! Why would the girl “keep it in the closet”? If you know what is up why not roll with it? She had the balls to deal with it, she was braver than I. At the same age I knew I was different, hell I knew at like 6 I was. I don’t think people just wake up and claim to be gay all of a sudden, you knew early on you more FAB than everyone else.



As were talking casually about it, I didn’t get all emo over it or anything. Like I said I know the woman really has a great heart. I was just thinking how society has changed in such a short time really. I think it was in the 70’s being gay was considered a mental disorder if I am correct? Now pushing 40 years later we have movies about it, sitcoms, same sex marriage in some states, and a lot of people being open about how they live there life. It made me thankful I was born when I was as well as having the family I do have.  

I just remember thinking over coffee today how I view things now at 26 versus someone who are in there mid 50’s is so different. Most people say to me “well your still so young” like it is a bad thing.  I have met so many older people who sometimes I think wow you have kids and a mortgage in your name? Or if there really looney tunes wow your married-someone puts up with your shit every day?

This girl is a great example of knowing one self and having the balls to say screw it and live the life she wants that makes her happy.  More people should do that in this world, whatever it may be that makes you happy.

Live the life you want that makes you happy. So long as it doesn’t cramp my style than I might gouge your eyes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment