Monday, September 23, 2013

Broke as ..what?


I was chatting with an old friend and we were speaking about ex’s. He was saying how he had been dating some guy, a little younger than himself and speaking like the guy was so clueless because he was so young. Not together and all over the place in life. Now being young myself I sometimes think people assume with age ALWAYS comes wisdom. I have to disagree, I know too many people who are older than me and dumb as a toad and completely clueless. Or they find what makes them happy and realize so many things way later in life, things that I have already or realized recently and I am only 27.

            He was saying how his boyfriend lived out of state; they had contemplated him moving to LA and talked seriously about it happening. When his boyfriend came to visit he went to work with him and his boyfriend really liked what he seen. My friend does make up for photo shoots, sometimes celebrities, and big award shows. My friend stated his boyfriend really liked it wanted to do this now as a career and quit what he had been doing. My friend was a bit offended because he said “well he never told me he wanted to do this. He acted like I lived some glamorous life because I see celebrities, do make up stuff and wear designer clothing.

            I actually laughed at him to his face. I was so put off that someone thinks like that. First of all you’re not that cool, you really are not. I have seen “how you live” and it is nothing to write home about. For example I was talking about Toni Braxton and how good she is, one of my favorites  (because anyone who knows me knows I have loved her immensely since I was little always been a favorite)  and he was like “she is nobody she is some broke ass bitch.” First of all I had to put him in his place, don’t no one talk about Toni like that. She is the jam always has been and always will. She is just a person, and so are you.  

            I was like she lives in Beverly Hills, has a great home, has a show, she is not that broke. She has more than I do I’m a broke bitch. He replies well “I live 5 minutes from Beverly Hills myself.” I am thinking, who are you? Last time I checked you were not special.  These people sometimes I see here in Los Angeles crack me up with their Beverly Hills and Malibu self are nuts. He acted like my leather flip flops from Abercrombie were ugly, because they are not his Gucci ones-he only likes the Gucci ones. Are you for real? I had to hoe him out and say with all this glamour lifestyle you got you can’t afford no car, and have people drive you around. His boyfriend always had to pick him up to go anywhere. Triff-alin no good scrub! Have a seat and keep painting mugs on ugly ass people cause you an’t nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment