Sunday, August 18, 2013

Curiosity won’t kill the cat-I swear!


 

            I met a guy; he was just a casual acutance. Well that’s actually a lie but I won’t say how or where I met him because than everyone will ask-“I bet I know!” And then before you know it he will have some melt down and go into therapy.

            He was very cute, nice deep voice, good body and great hair. We didn’t really talk or hit it off in the beginning at all. Neither he nor I were very outgoing at first, nor did I really care about getting to know him. He was nice but I didn’t really think much of him at first. All of our mutual friends swore he was straight even though I kind of got a little different vibe. He was good at keeping the straight guy vibe strong and most people don’t question and just go with the flow.

            He lived by me and we started hanging out more and more. We would run and work out together since we both had a few days during the week with a similar work schedule. Sometimes he would come over and we would go swimming too, and grab something to eat. In the beginning I didn’t really question much, I just hung out and he was some guy who I am becoming friends with. After a short bit (in my opinion too short for a straight guy whom I was not super good friends with REALLY) he would ask a lot of gay related questions. He would also make a lot of gay jokes, they were funny I would laugh and he could tell I got a kick out of it. He was very comfortable with gay guys he said and it didn’t bother him at all. I of course became a little more intrigued; I mean he is a cute guy, good age, handsome, and made me feel tingly all over; and I liked it.

             But are straight men that interested in gay stuff? Do they wink at you when they are around you, and do they ask questions about gay sex? Flirt with you talking about where they can stick there piece of meat? So of course I thought he was secretly gay and swore up and down it would come out of his mouth eventually! I just patiently waited and praying he would need a friend, I will be his friend!

            Nope it never did, ever. I started talking with him more openly about whatever he wanted to know and that was it. He never pressed the issue; nothing! I talked with him about EVERYTHING gay and he liked it. When I would make gay jokes back he would get a kick out of it. One day he wrote on my wall on facebook; something gay and he thought it was funny. So naturally I had to write back about him being strictly dickly, and he deleted it! I questioned him on why he deleted it he said that it was inappropriate for everyone to see. Are you joking? You ask lots of gay random stuff, say whatever and I don’t get offended. When he talks about how sharing is caring and both men should be the pitchers and receivers in the relationship I don’t get “butt hurt” over it but yet he gets all pissy like a brat?  

            Since then we have not talked much. Not really because of that specifically however it definitely is a part of it I am sure. I mean I am over it; it’s not that deep by any means. I’m not sure he is over it, or maybe he just suppresses his emotions. It has been awhile and he still has not come around much nor have we talked. Men are so strange; they hold grudges over so many damn things. If he really is gay he most likely has some issue over his sexuality. I will work on being sensitive to his feelings should we cross paths much again. I thought I was being nice but, I guess I was wrong-oops. However if he reads this feel free to stop by I will give you a big kiss and make it feel better. J  

1 comment: