Monday, October 22, 2012

Liking People When You May Not Like Them


I think I am a pretty honest person. I don’t think I walk around hurting people’s feelings, However if asked a question, I think I can respond in a very honest yet diplomatic manner.

For the most part. I am only human however.

So I have a second person who I am aware of that I make nervous. They genuinely don’t want to be around me because I make them nervous?

 I don’t know how to take that. I myself wouldn’t give a shit, however this person in question is important to someone that I love. So there for I will make an honest effort to get to know this person. Since they are important to someone who is important to me, I can bend over backwards. And try and see if I like them, or just pretend, either way I can work on it. I could be stuck with them for a long time. So I figure try and see the good in them, but they need to toughen up a little bit. I haven’t said anything really rude as far as I am concerned. One thing is vaguely coming to mind but it wasn’t that deep. Grow a set and quit whining like a bitch.

I mean it’s not like I am so hard.  I wear pink and have a belly ring? Really am not the butchest guy around you get my flow?

Sometimes I say things that may be a bit offensive (pardon me) but let’s not freak out.

I will be working on talking extremely nice to people, have a big smile, and go out of my way to be so friendly. At least to this person.

I can only please one person per day, today was not their day. Tomorrow doesn’t look too good either.

 

Any thoughts or ideas on pleasing people and making them think I like them please contact me. This is a new territory for me.

3 comments:

  1. Chris, be yourself. If they like a fake version of you they are not really liking you anyhow? And your friend will wonder WTF is wrong with you. But sometimes we all have to deal with people on their own level if it helps to simply be a little more reserved only do so because your friend asked you too and not to please the newcomer. Thin-skinned people are a dime a dozen and most, well there is no pleasing them. It is not you -- it is them. You can say "gee you look nice today" and they will come at with "why? did I look awful yesterday?" They are drama queens and tend to over react to anything you do.

    Is it possible the person is jealous or resentful of the close relationship you have with your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people have issues within themselves that you may not understand. Some people are more sensitive than others.. you cant blame them just try to understand that you are the shit and maybe just try to accept them and be the bigger person.. maybe say sorry..or just know when you are around them to be more sensitive to their feelings. Its not that you have to change but being that you dont have the issues... its easier to try to understand and be nice.. they may respect you more too... and even accept you too!

    ReplyDelete